Water is a resource containing the infinite potential for reduction and reuse strategies that are not only innovative for increasing building performance, but also providing a financial benefit to clients. Unfortunately, opportunities to be innovative are lost when teams only have time to evaluate the minimum standard.
With PlanIT Impact, design teams can quickly generate water usage scenarios and identify the answers they need in order to design better-performing buildings that save operating costs for their client. The features that support this include:
- Automatic comparison of indoor water use scenarios versus EPA 1992/2005 standards
- Evaluation of exterior water use through site geometry via SketchUp or Revit
- Ability to assess reuse scenarios for greywater or rainwater harvesting
- ROI calculations for both interior and exterior elements
- Easy sharing of information between teams with user licensing